- Maintenance free decking
- No comments
What Do You Call A Clever Duck? …A wise quacker
There are plenty of things to consider when you want to build a deck, from its size to the overall look, to details like what deck railings you want, and more. Arguably the biggest component when building a deck is determining the type of material you want your deck to be made out of.
Lumber is an obvious and inexpensive choice. However, composite decking material has several benefits and advantages over lumber that you may want to think about as you plan out your dream deck.
- Durability: Say goodbye to splinters, rotten wood, termites and warped boards with composite decking.
- Design: Composite decks used to only come in gray. Now, composite comes in many different colors and can look like fresh cut cedar or Brazilian walnut. You can also get matching fascia boards, railings, and posts from the same composite material.
- Longevity: Most manufacturers offer a 25-year or limited-lifetime warranty on composite decks. Since composite decking doesn’t warp or rot, it’s unlikely that you will ever need to repair composite boards like you would with lumber.
- Maintenance: Composite decking material is about as maintenance free as you can get! No need for yearly scrubbing, bleaching, or staining your deck – all composite decks need is a yearly wash with soapy water and a soft-bristled brush.
- Aesthetics: With many color options, you can have a truly beautiful outdoor deck with composite decking material. Composite is also environmentally friendly; every 20 feet of decking prevents about 30 pounds of material (wood, plastic jugs, and even shopping bags) from going into a landfill.
The deck builders at UglyDeck.com highly recommend the use of maintenance free decking materials for your next decking project. UglyDeck.com carries several different brands of composite materials, and they specialize in maintenance free deck products. Even if you’re looking to build your own deck, UglyDeck.com offers partial completion packages to get you started.