- Maintenance free decking
- No comments
There’s nothing quite like enjoying a fall evening with friends on your outdoor deck. Starting a bonfire and roasting some marshmallows sounds like the perfect end to a cool September evening. Once the sun goes down, your deck design can take on a whole new life. With the right deck lighting, your deck will be the coolest in the neighborhood and your nights outdoors will never be the same.
As Minneapolis deck builders, the pros at UglyDeck.com have seen it all when it comes to stylish lighting for deck design. Here are some awesome ideas that we have used in previous deck builds:
- Deck Railing Lighting: One of the most common deck lighting options, these low-powered lights are built directly into deck railings and posts to provide a warm accent light on your outdoor deck.
- Step Lighting: These charming lights provide safety as they illuminate stairs in the dark. Motion activated lights help save on energy costs and will only turn on when someone approaches the deck stairs.
- Underdecking Fan Lighting: Light up the space under your deck with the light from a ceiling fan.
- Lantern Lighting: Similar to the lights you’d see on a front porch area, these classy units are built directly into the house or deck pergola and are usually electrically wired.
- String Lighting: Not just for Christmas anymore! String lights come in all shapes and styles and can be hung around your outdoor deck. Perfect to set the mood for a nighttime deck party!
There’s still time to enjoy your time outdoors this fall with new deck lighting. Contact the Minnesota deck builders at UglyDeck.com to see all of your lighting options and find inspiration for turning your outdoor deck into a nighttime oasis.