Building a deck can be an involved process. Understand all of the key components and options, however, and you’ll take to it like a duck takes to water!
Discussing the following five factors will help you narrow down deck designs and build a great new living space.
1. DIY or Professional Deck Building Company? The cost to build a deck can be high, so you may choose to DIY. The Minneapolis deck builders at UglyDeck.com make do-it-yourself easy by helping you select quality pieces from reputable brands, such as TimberTech, Trex, and Azek, and shipping those outdoor decking materials across the nation. Looking for professional installation? Our knowledgeable team of deck builders serves a wide area and offers competitive pricing.
2. Stairs and Railings. There are many choices in deck features. Outdoor spiral staircases save space and allow more options for placement. There are also many stylish deck railings options from which to choose. Stairs and rails made from maintenance free decking materials, such as the ones at UglyDeck.com, are strong, damage resistant, and available in matching styles.
3. Colors. Wooden decks are either stained or painted, requiring maintenance every couple of years. Composite decking materials, on the other hand, require virtually no maintenance and are available in an array of realistic styles and colors. Choose a look that meshes well with your home and existing yard features.
4. Levels and Underdecking. You can create a more aesthetically pleasing outdoor deck environment by building different levels to break up the living space. If your outdoor deck is high enough, you might consider underdecking to transform the area under your deck into new patio space. UglyDeck.com sells and installs a wide variety of underdecking materials.
5. Lighting. Deck lighting can set a mood and keep you safe. Planning fixtures ahead of time allows you to optimize lighting patterns and keep the wiring concealed as the deck is built.