You are ready to place the finishing touches on either your capped composite or capped polymer deck. That means it is time for you to decide on the best DIY deck railing choice that will your design aesthetic and budget. Since the deck railing is the actual frame he unifies your outdoor living space design – while at the same time functionally working to keep your family safe – it is very important that you take your time to determine which is the best railing for you.
Step 1: Find out about Different Railing Types and Systems – Railing systems are actually comprised of several different components. In order to end up with a great looking DIY deck railing – whether choosing metal or composite rails – first, you will need to be aware of what pieces comprise a railing system.
Composite Railing Benefits
– A composite core that has a 4-sided cap covering the grooves and back that doesn’t contain any organic wood filler, which makes it resistant to damage from moisture.
– Over time, the value increases, since composite railings do not have the same replacement and maintenance needs that traditional wood has.
– Composite railings are environmentally friendly as they are comprised of as much as 50% recycled materials.
Metal Railing Benefits
– The powder coating protects from corrosion
– Site lines remain clear due to its contemporary and streamlined profile
– Easy to install, with a panel system option that includes Impression Rail Express
Step 2: Figure Out Your Design Aesthetic – Your outdoor living area needs to be a reflection of your personal taste, just like the interior of your home. Your deck also should be suited to meet your lifestyle needs – whether that is surviving the rough play of pets or kits, hanging out with close friends, or entertaining large groups of people.
The following are important questions that you should when deciding on your deck railing:
– What are the colors and architectural style of your current house? Which railing and decking combinations will compliment them the best?
– Do you what your views to remain unobstructed by having something that is minimal or are you looking to make more of a bold style statement?
– Which of the following railing profile appeals to you: minimalist and clean, polished and modern, millwork, or classic?
– What color is the trim on your home? Many design-conscious homeowners like matching their railing and trim for a cohesive appearance.
Step 3: Choose Your Infill – The last component of a DIY deck railing is to choose the infill, which is the part of the railing running between the bottom and top rails. The infill colors and material will depend on which railing you choose. Keep in mind the infill is as important as the bottom and top rails to create the overall feel and look that you want.
The types of infill for railings are: Glass Panel, Cable, Metal, and Composite
Step 4 Sample Your Low-Maintenance, High-Style DIY Deck Railing. So now that you are very familiar with railing, you are now prepared to add the finishing touches to your beautiful outdoor living area. Whether you have a minimalist, modern, or traditional style, you can find the perfect railing to use in your backyard oasis with our comprehensive railing portfolio. Don’t wait any longer. Give your beautiful composite deck the low-maintenance, high-style railing that it deserves.
Call UglyDeck today at 952-736-3308 or visit our online store at https://uglydeck.com/store/