Your composite deck is almost ready and you prepare for giving it the finishing touches. Now it’s time to choose the DIY deck railing option that best suits your personal preferences and your budget. The deck railing is very important, because it creates a unitary look of your outdoor living space, binding together all design elements and also fulfilling the functional role of keeping everyone safe. This is why you should take time to assess all your available options, in order to make the best decision.
Step 1: Learn About The Different Railing Types And Systems
A railing system consists from several different components. In order to be able to build your DIY deck railing, you have to research, understand and choose each of these pieces that make up a complete railing system, whether you prefer a composite railing or a metal one.
Composite Railing Benefits
– No moisture damage – Thanks to the composite core with protective cap that doesn’t contain any organic wood, this type of railing is 100% protected against moisture
– No maintenance needed – Since composite railings don’t need replacement or the regular maintenance of natural wood, their value increases over time
– Environmentally friendly – This type of railing is made from up to 50 percent recycled materials
Metal Railing Benefits
– Thanks to the powder coating, these railing systems are protected against corrosion
– The streamlined and trendy profile keeps site lines clear
– They are easy to install, thanks to the Impression Rail Express panel system
Step 2: Choose Your Design Aesthetic
Your outdoor living space is as important as the interior of your house. This is why you have to ensure it reflects your personal preferences and your lifestyle needs. If, for instance, you love receiving lots of guests and throwing large parties, you’ll want your deck railing to suit such situations. Similarly, if you enjoy playing on the deck with your pets, you have to ensure that your railing keeps them safe at all times.
Here are a few of the most important things to consider when choosing your deck railing:
– The architectural style and the color palette of your house – Try to identify the best deck and railing color combinations to complement your existing home.
– The view – Would you rather use something minimal to avoid obstructing your views, or you’d love a rather bold and aggressive approach?
– The railing profile – Would you rather go for a clan and minimalist look or you’d use a classic, modern and polished solution instead?
– Your Home’s Trim Color – Many homeowners prefer to go for a cohesive look by choosing a railing that matches the trim.
Step 3: Choose Your Infill
The infill is the final component you’ll have to choose to build your deck railing. The infill is the part of the railing that connects the top and the bottom rails. Your choice of railings will probably dictate the type of infill to choose. Keep in mind that this component is as important as the top and bottom rails in creating the desired look.
Step 4: Just Do It!
Now that you know what to choose, all you have left to do is to proceed to building your beautiful, low-maintenance deck railing!
Call UglyDeck today at 952-736-3308 or visit our online store at https://uglydeck.com/store/