As the season changes from summer to fall, grilling and football go hand-in-hand. Over many decades, this pairing has become the perfect tradition to transition into colder weather. But while you’re enjoying the waning warm days on your outdoor deck, make sure you keep the fire under your brats and burgers and nowhere else. To make sure that your weekend football get-togethers remain safe on your deck, be sure to follow these easy tips.
- Make sure to keep your grill away from your home, as well as deck railings and overhanging branches. You also want to make sure that your grill is in an open space and away from any overhang as carbon monoxide could accumulate. It’s also important to keep the grill away from overhanging branches in case of a flare-up.
- While the grill is on, keep children and pets away from the grilling area.
- Clean your grill after each use by removing grease buildup from the grill and tray below the grill.
- Never leave a grill unattended. This is important not only to keep from overcooking your burgers, but it’s also to ensure that children are kept at a safe distance and you can keep an eye out for flare-ups.
- Never try to move a hot grill.
With maintenance free decking materials from UglyDeck.com, you can build a deck with plenty of space to safely grill and entertain people throughout the football season. UglyDeck.com has the deck solutions you need, from deck railing design ideas to front porch plans.
Even though fall is just around the corner, the football season is just kicking off and there is still plenty of time to contact UglyDeck.com. As experts in deck designs, our deck builders can give you tips and ideas on how to create the perfect — and safe — outdoor space to host your grill-outs all football season long!