Spiral staircases provide a certain sense of glamor and charm to home, whether they are located inside the home or outside the home adjacent to a deck. They make for an attractive addition to a home’s design and décor. However, as with many types of home features, spiral staircases have their advantages and disadvantages. We look into both of these below. At UglyDeck, we offer superb options when it comes to creating an attractive outdoor spiral staircase Chicago and Twin Cities’ customers can benefit from our help with these deck area additions through the various styles of tread, railings, and colors we offer.
Some of the pros and cons of spiral staircases are as follows:
The Pros of Spiral Staircases
- Since spiral staircases have a steeper incline that standard straight or L-shaped steps, they take up less space.
- A spiral staircase adds a visually appealing addition to the home.
- Spiral staircases are easy to install as long as they are installed in the right location and sized correctly for the area.
Cons of Spiral Staircases
- Due to their design, spiral staircases are steeper to climb than standard straight or L-shaped staircases. This makes them difficult to climb for those with mobility challenges.
- The narrow width and shape of the staircase also makes it impractical for moving heavy or large furniture up and down the staircase.
- Staircases must be built according to the relevant building codes. Often a professional is needed to make sure the staircase meets the applicable codes and standards and is also installed in the right space so that it fits properly.
By and large, however, the pros outweigh the cons with spiral staircases. You can hardly beat a spiral staircase when you are looking for class, style, and a more luxurious look. The space saving benefit plus the sense of opulence they provide make for a great combination that diminishes their negatives.
Our team at UglyDeck is here to help you make the most of your outdoor spiral staircase. Twin Cities’ and Chicago homeowners can receive the products and services from our team to optimize this addition to their deck area.
For more information about the services and products we offer to help you with your spiral staircase addition, call us today at 952.736.3308, or ask for a free quote through our contact form. Also, visit our online store to check out our spiral staircase products.