Whether you live in a city or suburb, relaxing on your outdoor deck or patio can prove challenging. Between noisy neighbors, busy streets, and close proximity to neighboring yards, you may find you don’t use your outdoor space as often as you and your family may like.At UglyDeck.com, we have the perfect solution to reclaim your outdoor oasis: privacy barriers. Our deck railings for privacy are great options for any homeowner looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle of the day, especially for those living in attached condos or homes in noisy neighborhoods or with unsightly views.
Here are six ways privacy barriers can help you to achieve your own quiet outdoor retreat from the UglyDeck.com decking experts:
6 Benefits of Permanent Privacy Barriers
- Establish Distance in More Confined Spaces: Depending on your unique neighborhood setting, you may feel like you’re on top of your neighbors and finding a moment to yourself seems impossible. Privacy barriers establish separation and clearly define your space, allowing you to distance yourself, especially in tightly packed areas. Just because you live close together, doesn’t mean you need to give up your privacy. Reclaim some “you-time” by adding some stunning privacy walls to your decking to block out those intrusive neighbors for a truly relaxing outdoor sanctuary.
- Reduce Noise: Looking for a way to stifle the racket from an active neighborhood or busy streets? Privacy barriers don’t just obstruct views from nosy neighbors, but they can serve as sound barriers, as well. Installing a privacy screen muffles and reduces surrounding clatter, leaving you with a more peaceful outdoor space.
- Provide More Shade: While privacy barriers make great sound barriers and create separation within close quarters, it’s also a useful way to produce more shade on your deck or patio. If you’re looking for a way to escape some early-morning or late-afternoon sun, consider installing privacy railings in areas that would offer some shelter from the hot sun. Privacy walls can even be added on to your pergola for even more of a shady retreat from those oppressively-hot summer days.
- Add Visual Interest: Instead of standard-height deck railings, having privacy railings develops more depth and dimension to the lines of your decking. This simple touch not only offers more privacy and sound reduction, but it generates more visual interest as well. Have an unsightly view from your backyard deck? Privacy barriers can block those ugly backdrops, and you can design a view you’ll love. Some privacy screens can incorporate a partial or full trellis as well, which you can add lush vines and greenery to instantly transform your outdoor deck to be a tropical oasis, romantic garden, etc.—much better than looking at a neighbor’s untidy yard!
- Complement Any Style: We have a variety of privacy screen options for homeowners, including trellises, walls, and built-in planters that are completely customizable. Whether you’re after a modern aesthetic or a more traditional feel, UglyDeck.com has privacy barriers that’ll complement your home, express your unique vision, and provide more privacy and discretion.
- Create a More Intimate Setting: Even if you’re not bombarded with close neighbors, strategically incorporating privacy screens into your deck-renovation designs allows you to have a more intimate outdoor space for you and your loved ones to enjoy dining alfresco, peaceful lounging, and romantic evenings. Looking to break up a large open space? Consider using privacy screens to clearly define areas on your deck or patio (i.e. dining area, hot tub area, outdoor shower, etc.).
Build Your Own Private Outdoor Retreat with UglyDeck.com
At UglyDeck.com, we love helping our customers transform their outdoor spaces into places where they can unwind after a hard day at work, spend time with loved ones, enjoy peaceful summer barbecues, and escape to their own private oasis to recharge and relax.
Whether you’re looking for a do-it-yourself project or professional transformation, our Twin Cities deck builders are here to help at any part of the deck-building process, including recommending quality maintenance-free decking materials, crafting innovative decking designs, incorporating permanent privacy barriers, and installing and/or renovating decks. It’s your outdoor space, and we can help you build a dream outdoor deck that’s truly your unique oasis, tailored to meet your family’s needs and goals with customizable decking accessories like tranquil privacy screens and walls, space-saving spiral staircases, beautiful railing styles, and more!
Visit our UglyDeck.com showrooms to meet one of our decking experts who can address all of your project questions, and you can experience our maintenance-free materials in person. Don’t live in the area? No worries! We can help you select all your project materials and ship it nationwide, so you have everything you need for your project to be a success. For more deck design inspiration and privacy screen ideas, check out our photo galleries to see some of the finished projects we’ve completed for our customers.
When you’re ready to get started, contact us today for a free consultation and estimate. We would love to help you create your own private slice of paradise!