- Maintenance free decking
- No comments
Many Minnesota homeowners enjoy the look and feel of a traditional wooden deck. And there are numerous ways to maintain the quality of your decking materials, amidst the changing outdoor elements. An easy way to maintain (or improve) the quality of your deck area is by applying a sealer every 2-3 years. And although some homeowners choose to stain their outdoor decks, painting a deck is another option to consider.
To help you make the best choice for your deck, here are a few pros and cons of painting a deck:
Pros of Painting a Deck:
- Unique Colors: When you’re painting a deck, you have the option of choosing from an array of colors that match your preferred style.
- Fills in the Cracks: Because paint is thicker than most sealers, it easily fills in cracks along your deck area.
- Easy to Clean: Depending on the type of deck paint you use, it may be easier to clean dirt and residue off your deck. As noted before, paint is thicker and can create a hard shell, so you may find it easier to wipe dirt away.
- Protects Wood: Paint can shield your wooden deck from damaging sunlight and outdoor elements.
Cons of Painting a Deck:
- Permeant: If you choose to paint your deck, you can’t exactly switch back and forth from paint to sealer. As this is a more permeant deck solution, you’ll want to take this into consideration.
- Covers Natural Wood: Although you can customize your paint to suit your style and backyard décor, it’s important to remember that when you’re painting a deck, you’re covering its natural material, which for many homeowners is the main reason they have a wooden deck in the first place.
Whether you decide to paint or stain your outdoor deck, the Minnesota deck builders at UglyDeck.com can help you with all your deck restoration and repair needs. From simple deck refinishing to maintenance free deck installation, we can help you transform your backyard or front patio into a beautiful, relaxing outdoor living space. Contact us today for a free deck quote!